Grächen – Lowizig – Heidnisch Tossu - Seetal
A challenging hike to Seetal
- Type Hiking Trail
- Difficulty medium
- Duration 3:50 h
- Distance 6,7 km
- Ascent 1251 m
- Descent 9 m
- Lowest point 1616 m
- Highest point 2864 m
Als erstes Highlight erreichen Sie nach wenigen Minuten den idyllischen Grächner See. Anschliessend wandern Sie oberhalb von Grächen relativ anspruchsvoll bergauf durch den Wald, und erreichen die Rasthütte Heidnisch Tosse auf 2500 m.ü.M. Von dort geht es durch die Felslandschaft Richtung Seetalhorn.
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Calculate in plenty of time to return to the Hannigalp. From there you can then take the gondola back to Grächen.
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Grächen tourisme accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
For mountain hikes:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
For high-altitude hikes:
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
- Car transport Lötschberg: Via Kandersteg - Goppenstein - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (bls.ch/e/autoverlad/)
- Car transport Furka: Via Andermatt - Realp - Oberwald - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Car transport Furka)
- Tessin/Simplon: Via Lugano - Centovalli - Domodossola - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Car transport Simplon)
Private Parking space provider:
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 13 35
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 16 31
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 13 01
The tourist office in Grächen has got brochures and information material about hiking in the region.
SwissTopo Maps 1:25'000: 1308 St. Niklaus