High trail from Grächen to Saas-Fee
The demanding high-altitude trail from Grächen to Saas-Fee offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains, not to mention the Visper and Saas valleys.
- Type Hiking Trail
- Difficulty hard
- Duration 6:30 h
- Distance 16,6 km
- Ascent 1065 m
- Descent 1380 m
- Lowest point 1802 m
- Highest point 2417 m
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Grächen tourisme accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
For mountain hikes:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
For high-altitude hikes:
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
Rhone valley: Via Martigny - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus
Lötschberg car transport: Via Kandersteg - Goppenstein - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (bls.ch/car transport)
Furka car transport: Via Andermatt - Realp - Oberwald - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (car transport Furka)
Ticino/Simplon: Via Lugano - Centovalli - Domodossola - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Simplon car transport)
Parkings in Grächen
The Millegga car park is located at the entrance to the village. Price per day (for covered car park): CHF 15.00
Private car park providers:
Tel. +41 27 956 13 35
Tel. +41 27 956 16 31
Tel. +41 27 956 13 01