Grächen – Egga – Bärgji – Hohtschuggi
A relaxing promenade to the viewing point Hohtschuggen
- Type Hiking Trail
- Difficulty easy
- Duration 1:00 h
- Distance 3,4 km
- Ascent 83 m
- Descent 85 m
- Lowest point 1565 m
- Highest point 1647 m
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
Use of the trails and the information on this website is at hikers’ own risk. Local conditions may entail changes to routes. Grächen tourisme accepts no liability for the accuracy and completeness of information on this website.
For all hikes:
- Bring a map. Download full description of this route including large-scale map by clicking on «Print» icon, top right of this page.
- Use marked trails only, and observe all signposting – for your own safety, to safeguard grazing animals and to avoid disturbing wildlife.
- Close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to other trail users, and to the plants and animals.
- Do not leave any waste in nature.
For mountain hikes:
- Take extra care protecting yourself from the sun at altitude. UV radiation can be exceptionally strong, even in cloudy weather.
- Plan hike carefully: take into consideration fitness level of each participant, weather forecast and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains, without warning. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
For high-altitude hikes:
- Inform others of the route you plan to take. Whenever possible, avoid going alone.
- Do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Take note of the warning signs that point out the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs: water levels may rise rapidly without warning.
- Car transport Lötschberg: Via Kandersteg - Goppenstein - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (bls.ch/e/autoverlad/)
- Car transport Furka: Via Andermatt - Realp - Oberwald - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Car transport Furka)
- Tessin/Simplon: Via Lugano - Centovalli - Domodossola - Brig - Visp to Grächen / St. Niklaus (Car transport Simplon)
Private Parking space provider:
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 13 35
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 16 31
Tel. +41 (0)27 956 13 01