Information about coronavirus/COVID-19
Safe winter vacations in fairyland (updated 19.04.2021)
The most important things at a glance:
Your own responsibility:
We ask you to consider the protective measures without exception and to inform yourself in advance üabout the guidelines and requirements.
Rules in the ski area
In Switzerland, a distance requirement of 1.5 metres applies. When queuing at the lifts, riding the chairlifts, T-bar lifts and gondola lifts, it is compulsory to wear a face mask at all times, both indoors and outdoors. Please pay attention to the safety measures on site and allow sufficient time for your visit (queues).
Obligation and prohibition
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that when you enter the ski area and pass through the first turnstile, you declare that you are healthy or symptom-free. Persons with symptoms are not permitted to enter the ski area. Furthermore, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that the COVID measures must be observed and that in the event of non-compliance, the guest may be expelled from the ski area.
Directives for dealing with guests without mouth/nose protection (MNS)
- Guests without MNS will not be transported.
- Guests without MNS can purchase a disposable mask for CHF 1.50 or a mouth-nose protection tube for CHF 14.90 at the ticket office.
- A guest can purchase a maximum of one disposable mask per person.
- A cloth or scarf is not sufficient protection and does not count as MNS.
- Persons who refuse to wear an MNS must leave the track.
- Persons who refuse to wear an MNS must leave the track.
- The track will not move until all persons are wearing an MNS.
People with a medically prescribed mask dispensation are advised to purchase their ski pass via our homepage.
The ski passes can also be obtained in small quantities at the Tourist Office (by prior telephone registration on +41 27 955 60 60). If necessary, photos of family members can be submitted digitally.
Access to the gondola lift is via a separate entrance. Please report to one of our «COVID-Angels» at the valley station. Separate transport by gondola will be provided on a regular schedule.
For logistical reasons, persons with masked disabilities are not entitled to joint transport within a group or household.
The medical certificate must be presented on request.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us by phone or e-mail.
Quing at the Hannig valley station
Please note the overview map, the signs regarding the flow of people and safety on site. TUG AG will organise and continuously optimise the queues to the best of its ability, taking into account the guidelines. In principle, two different queues will be organised:
- The queue for the purchase of tickets at the mountain railway ticket offices is via the Dorfstrasse
- The queue for the direct boarding of the gondola (tickets already purchased) is via the path «ck; via the road «Wildi»
In times of high traffic, our disposition (Covid-Angels) will regulate the flow of people in the best possible way. We thank you for your patience and understanding of possible detours. This is the only way we can guarantee safety.
Due to the regulation that the gondolas may be used to 2/3 capacity, the Grächen – Hannigalp gondola carries a maximum of 5 people. Thank you for your understanding.
Skiers who have rented a ski depot at the valley station are requested not to enter the ski depot via the ticket office entrance, but through the nearby sliding glass door. We kindly ask you to install your winter sports equipment as quickly as possible and in compliance with the mask obligation and then to join the queue with your equipment to the ticket offices or to the gondolas. Thank you for your understanding.
Our restaurants on the mountain will be setting up a take-away service from 26 December.
Restaurants and bars
Currently, restaurants and bars remain closed
There is now the possibility in the Hannigalp restaurant for children to stay with a parent in the warm-up area for a limited time and in compliance with the COVID protective measures.
The mask obligation applies in principle in and in front of all public places as well as in front of shops, restaurants and hotels. Pay attention to the notices and posters on site and always keep the protective mask to hand. Masks are compulsory for persons over 12 years of age.
Disposable masks and hoses
The TUG provides guests with disposable masks if required; they are handed out on request and cost CHF 1.50 per hygiene mask. A maximum of one disposable mask can be purchased per guest. Certified «mouth-nose protection» masks can be purchased in sports shops as well as at the ticket offices of the valley station and the Tourist Office. Due to delivery delays, there may be a delay in the availability of the cups.
Closed ski areas
Wolkenland – Kinderspielparadis Hannigalp is closed until further notice.
Events & Animations
Due to the current situation, internal and external events and animations have been cancelled.
«Clean & Safe» stands for your safe stay
«Clean & Safe» is a label, a kind of «protection concept seal», and was created by Swiss tourism associations. The label shows you that the business in question has consciously committed itself to adhering to the protection concept. The «Clean & Safe» label is awarded to mountain railways and ski resorts, accommodation, gastronomy, public transport, wellness and spa areas and other tourism service providers.
Behaviour in case of symptoms or illness:
Clear symptoms of corona illness are:
- Fever, feverish feeling
- Sore throat
- Cough (usually dry)
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Plain loss of smell – or sense of taste makes itself known.
If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, stay in your accommodation.
Visit the Corona Check pages for an initial self-assessment. Then consult your GP or the cantonal hotline (058 433 0 144, 13.30 - 17.00, Mon-Fri) to clarify how to proceed.
- Canton of Valais hotline: +41 58 433 0 144
- Federal Office of Public Health hotline: +41 58 463 00 0
- COVID Head Office of Visp Hospital
Tel: 0041 2
- Canton of Valais - Info Coronavirus
- Media release Canton Valais (pdf - 82.20 kB)
- Head of Corona Task Force TUG AG and information officer of the communal management staff: Raoul Calame | Tel: 0041 27 955 60 60
- Always be aware of your surroundings, avoid crowds whenever possible, give yourself and others ample space whenever possible.
- Pay by credit card whenever possible
- Wash your hands at every available opportunity
- Disinfect your hands at every opportunity